Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Easy popovers ^^
I love easy, straightforward recipes ^^.. especially when it involves dairy! And popovers seems just it! No baking powder, no long resting period! Aaaah.. my kind of baking ^^!
Popovers (recipe from thekitchn)
1 cup/ 8oz milk
3 tbsps unsalted butter, melted (less is fine ^^)
1 cup/ 5oz flour
a pinch of salt
grated cheddar cheese (optional)
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a food processor/blender or with a whisk+bowl, blend milk, eggs and 1 tbsp of melted butter till combined.
2. Add flour and beat till frothy and bubbly. Leave batter to rest while oven heats.
3. Preheat oven to 450F/230C. Put popover tin or muffin pan in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove tin and grease with remaining melted butter.
4. Beat batter till frothy again just before pouring into greased tins. Pour into tins till 3/4 full. Top with cheeses if preferred (top generously ^^!)
5. Bake at 450F/230C for 15 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR 15 mins! Then reduce heat to 350F/180C and bake for another 15 minutes or till popovers turn golden brown, feel dry to the touch and sound hollow when tapped. I forgot to check and left the popovers baking for 30 minutes instead! But no harm done.. we love the very browned crusty popovers! ^^
* I managed to make 10 popovers.. 5 cheese and 5 plain ^^ Best served straight from the oven! ^^
These are YUUUMMMY!!! My piggies LOOOOOVVVE it!!! Especially the ones with cheese ^^! I love mine plain with butter and jam ^^ mmm, I think I like these more than I do scones with butter/clotted cream and jam! ^^
p.s. i've never heard of popovers till i read it in justonecookbook blog. thank you for sharing, nami ^^