Friday, February 5, 2016

Oatmeal cookies


I hardly ever prepare much, especially bake cookies, for CNY. However, when the oatmeal raisin cookies I ordered arrived, it was not quite what I had in mind.. And that's how triggered the great oatmeal cookie chase ^^||

Oatmeal raisin cookies (recipe adapted from david lebovitz)
227g unsalted butter
185g brown sugar
65g caster sugar
2 eggs
245g all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 tsp baking soda, sifted
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, sifted
1/2 tsp sea salt
175 g rolled oats
250g raisins
* for oatmeal choc chip nut cookies: replace raisins with 200g choc chips and 100g toasted chopped walnuts

1. Beat butter and sugars till light and fluffy.

2. Add in eggs and mix till well combined.

3. Fold in flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and sea salt. Lastly mix in the rolled oats and raisins (or choc chips and nuts).

4. Roll cookie dough into balls, or drop it freestyle into a lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven of 175C for 20-22 minutes, or till golden brown, and depending on how chewy or crunchy you want your cookies to be. If you want chewy cookies, do not overbake. I baked for about 22 minutes. as I wanted mine crunchy ^^


Now these cookies are exactly what I imagined oatmeal cookies to be ^^ Perfect!


1 comment:

Mel said...

And... I guess it is much much more cheaper to make this on your own. And it feels good if yhe cookies turn out to be what you had in mind and taste. (I hv been munching non stop my raisins cookies & wouldnt mind to try out yr recipe too). With cinnamon powder added taste great n special.
Happy new year to you & to your family!!