So in keeping with big's diet (and the rest of the family's too!), I thought it best to bake an all time favorite of baby pig, blueberry cheesecake, into mini cakes ^^. I made half the recipe sans sponge base (less calories ^^). The recipe below is for a full recipe. Feel free to halve or quarter the recipe (^^).
Blueberry cheesecake (adapted from Alex Goh's Creative Making of Cakes)
500g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
400ml sour cream
3 egg whites
350g blueberry pie filling
1 10" thin round vanilla sponge cake
1. Prepare water bath and preheat oven to 150C.
2. Cream 110g sugar and cream cheese till light and fluffy.
3. Mix in flour till well combined.
4. Add in egg yolks and 1 whole egg, and beat till light and creamy.
5. Pour sour cream into cream cheese mixture and mix well. Do not over beat.
6. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and 75g sugar till stiff. Do not over beat. Gently fold in cornflour.
7. Mix in egg whites mixture to cream cheese mixture gently till well combined.
8. Line 10" cake tin and place sponge base on the bottom of tin. (if using)
9. Pour in some cheese mixture into tin/cupcake cases. Put in with some (be generous!) blueberry filling. And top with remaining cheese mixture.
10. Bake in water bath for 90 minutes for a whole cake, or 45-50 minutes if using cupcake/muffin tins. Half the recipe fills up a 12-cupcake tin nicely.
11. Leave to cool, and refrigerate overnight. Serve with some blueberry filling as topping, if you like.
This is so YUMMY-LUSCIOUSLY-LICIOUS! Nicely rich and creamy, not too sweet and perfectly moist, and in just the right proportion! I'm happy! Piggies too! (^^)