|sorry, no time to wipe glasses! rushed job for fear of panna cotta melting! and hungry pigs awaits!|
Perfect? You better believe it! ^^
In fact, it's better than perfect.. if that's possible!
I made this for big pig's party earlier, but I made them AGAIN to share with the chubbies (that's big brother, mama and chubby pig ^^), fatty hubby and papa pig who missed out on this luscious dessert! It's too delicious not to share with my favorite people ^^!
Perfect panna cotta (recipe from david lebovitz's blog)
~ serves 8
4 cups / 1L cream (I used half and half)
1/2 cup / 100g sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
6 tbsp / 90ml cold water
fruit puree/compote or honey, to serve (best to use homemade fruit puree ^^)
1. Boil cream (+ milk) and sugar together till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
2. Lightly grease moulds with neutral oil, if planning to unmold later. If serving in cups/moulds, skip this step.
3. Sprinkle gelatin powder over a bowl of cold water. Leave to bloom for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pour warm cream mixture over bloomed gelatin and stir till gelatin completely dissolves.
5. Divide panna cotta into moulds/cups, and chill overnight.
6. Serve panna cotta with some fruit compote or honey. Best served IMMEDIATELY while chilled ^^.
This is seriously the easiest, most luscious and luxurious dessert ever!!! Perfect wobble, perfect texture, perfect sweetness, perfect taste! Easily, definitely a PERFECT 10*!!! ^^
p.s. *my piggies couldn't agree more ^^