So when I saw daily delicious's white chocolate and macadamia cupcake post, it was just the perfect thing for my "FASCINATING" bake challenge! Because I wanted to make one perfect cupcake just for chubby and another just for baby. (^^)
I was planning to follow daily delicious' recipe.. but I couldn't get hold of good imported white chocolate (blessing in disguise! ^^). So I decided to use chubby's favorite hershey's kisses instead.. which was a perfectly brilliant idea! And I omitted the macadamia nuts too.. because chubby and baby no-like nuts!
And here's the recipe to (almost ^^) white kisses..
White chocolate with cookie bits cupcake (adapted from daily delicious and see previous post)
250g unsalted butter (use best butter, ok)
100g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence (get darkest, thick essence possible)
230g self-raising flour, sifted
6 tbsp fresh milk (fresh milk only!)
6 tbsp whipping cream (this came from daily delicious' recipe.. interesting!)
4 egg whites
70g caster sugar
160g hershey's kisses cookies n creme, chopped (use more if like.. and keep some shavings for frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Beat butter and 100g sugar till light and fluffy (don't overbeat!) Add egg yolks one at a time and mix till well combined. Add vanilla extract or essence.
3. Sift flour, and fold into butter mixture in 3 batches. Mix in fresh milk and whipping cream. Batter should be nice and smooth now.
4. Beat egg whites till frothy, and slowly add in 70g sugar. Beat till thick and glossy. Medium-soft stiff.
5. Fold in egg whites gently into cake mixture in 2 batches.
6. Add chopped white chocolate with cookie bits and mix well.
7. Bake as cupcakes for 25 minutes, or in a 7 or 8" round/square tin for 40-55 minutes, or till the skewer comes out clean.
300ml whipping cream
30g icing sugar
Some shavings/crumbs of hershey's kisses cookies n creme
Beat whipping cream with icing sugar until firm peaks form (be careful not to over beat). Pipe or put frosting on cupcakes and sprinkle with white chocolate shavings/crumbs.
And voila! (almost ^^) white kisses cupcakes! These are absolutely scrumptious and indulgent! Moist and so very luscious too!
We love! love! love! Definitely a yummy-licious FASCINATING bake! (^^)