Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crispy potato skins with creamy honey mustard

1st batch ~ a bit more burnt would've been perfect! 

When I saw this recipe while googling for party food (for big's party last month), I knew it was something I wanted to make.. for myself ^^!

Crispy potato skins with creamy honey mustard (adapted from here)
6 baking potatoes
5 tbsp olive oil
200ml tub sour cream
3 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey (add more if you prefer a sweeter dip ^^)

1. Preheat oven to 200C. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and bake for 1 hour.

2. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Cut each potato into 8 wedges and put in a large bowl with olive oil. Season generously (salt + pepper???). Make sure each wedge is well coated with oil and seasoning.

3. Stand the potato wedges on a large non-stick baking sheet and bake 180C for 30 minutes or until really crispy and golden (potato skins tastes best when it's almost burnt ~ I know cos I burnt my 2nd batch.. and it's delish ^^!)!

4. Mix sour cream with honey and mustard till well blended. Best serve wedges straight from the oven with dip. (I had mine cooled and it was still yummy ^^)

Note: potatoes and dip can be prepared a day before. Just bake wedges 1/2 an hour before serving.

BEWARE!!! These potato skins with creamy honey mustard are really addictive!!! Piggies polished off a batch, that's half the recipe, in just one sitting! And this despite baby pig's complaint that the skins were kinda tough and chewy (??)!

I must say the potato skins on their own are decent but really nothing to shout about.. till you dip them in the creamy honey mustard ^^ And whoaaa..ahhhh.. ^^ ^^ ^^

Not the best looking potato skins (my fault ^^||), but delish nevertheless ^^


5 comments:

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Hui! Seriously sinful but yummy food! Lots of carbo!

Mel said...

I loves baked potatoes! Just dig out my craving again on baked potatoes which I used to eat this almost everyday back when I'm in NZ... You dipping sauce really look very appetizing..yum love it

pudgy butterfly said...

hi alvin ~ i know ^^|| what was i thinking??!! but don't care.. eat first, fix later ^^

mel ~ i agree.. there's something about potatoes ^^ and creamy dips (the real killer carb!^^).. i can imagine having it almost daily ^^

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I have my dad's gene which is a huge potato fan. This "crispy" potato skins totally captured my attention. Hmmm looks so irresistible! I've never had potatoes with honey mustard. Now you got me curious!

pudgy butterfly said...

i picked up the honey mustard dip idea from a restaurant serving tex-mex/southwestern inspired grub ^^ the dip was served with fried chicken fingers and it was delicious! ^^ you have to try it! ^^