When you have friends who make your life better (and more interesting! ^^) every day. And I'm glad to count on wonderful friends like mel@melspantrykitchen and lisa@frommylemonykitchen who shared these super-duper easy recipes with me! ^^
~ serves 2
1 slice of snapper (use 2 if cuts are small)
2-3 tbsp butter, diced or break into smaller pieces
some salt and pepper, to season
1. Clean and pat-dry fish. Season with some salt and pepper.
2. Place fish on a plate/dish and top with butter.
3. Steam for 10 minutes and serve immediately. Sprinkle some chili powder over if you like a bit of kick ^^
* cheat's way: layer bottom of dish with cabbage or place brocolli florets around the fish, and steam together! great way to be lazy and to mop up the sauces ^^
Sauteed garlic in olive oil rice (recipe from lisa@frommylemonykitchen)
~ serves 2
1 cup basmati rice, washed and drained
2 cups water
2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat evoo in a pan on low heat. Saute minced/grated garlic till fragrant.
2. Place rice, water, browned garlic+oil into rice cooker. Soak for a bit if you have the time.
3. Fluff up rice before serving.
Mel, the steamed fish in butter was as yums! and as easy as you said it would be.. I drank up the sauce too! ^^
Lisa, I can't believe how well the sauteed garlic in olive oil worked in covering the "taste" of basmati rice! Fatty hubby couldn't even tell! I'm off to buy more basmati rice! ^^
I really love both these super duper easy, yummy recipes! Thanks, mel! Thanks, lisa!
Look ma, I can cook! ^^