Friday, May 18, 2012

"leftovers" sushi

What do you do with leftovers?


You make sushi, of course!

This is what I made with the leftovers from my bibimbap dinner last night.. not the best tasting sushi because I didn't use short grain rice. But it was not too bad (^ ^).


Well, can't be helped.. I have only a mix of long grain brown and white rice. I try not to keep short grain japanese / korean rice at home because they are just too delicious - out-of-the-world DELICIOUS!!! I can even eat it PLAIN! And that's bad.. because rice is nothing but carbs! If only I was blessed with "I-can-eat-anything-and-not-put-on-weight" genes! (^ ^||)


Anyways, since I had some julienned cucumbers and carrots, and minced meat left, that went into my sushi. Now, I don't think it's usual to use meat in sushi.. fish and seafood, yes.. meat, I think not (^^||)! But since I have to finish it.. we're good!


Now that I think about it, I could have made bibimbap sushi or onigiri too! That should be nice (^^)

I wish I'm more creative when it comes to important stuff, but my little mind just works best when it comes to cutting corners, baking or cooking! (^^||)


Korean-japanese fusion sushi, anyone???


No comments: