Sunday, January 29, 2012

Prune layer cake.. not!

A disastrous adventure!


As usual, the fear-not in me tried to make this time consuming, calorie-laden cake.. And failed miserably! It's more like a layer KUIH than it is a cake! Nothing like the one in table for two or more's version (see recipe in link). 

I had a really difficult time baking this cake. The first layer turned out pancake-like and I had to discard.. On my second attempt, I burnt the top! Talk about things not working out! 

I then decided to change the mould and just throw everything in and bake it whole.. But as usual, I just had to try one more time.. It kinda worked this time after I changed the mould and baked it on a lower shelf. But as you can see, it turned out wet and dense!

I'm not sure why it turned out wet at the bottom and middle part, but the top part turned out quite nicely.

Anyways, as dissapointed as I am, and crazily-so.. there's a part of me that wants to make this again (??!!) I know I really shouldn't.. But it feels like 'unfinished business'.. I know I can get this right! So another time, another day! Another recipe!


Edible if you close your eyes ^^ aesthetics-wise.. forget it ^^||