Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sesame ginger grilled chicken (dakjim gui)

I've been a bad girl and not been cooking dinner for the past week. (><||)

Everyday is a tomorrow when it came to dinners lately! I feel so lethargic just thinking about it! Must be the sweltering heat and suffocating weather (isn't it always the weather ^^)! Ok.. I do have some things on my mind too..


Anyways, fatty hubby's not complaining yet.. but I did promise I'll work on my cooking (^^).. So I decided to do something about it today and we had dakjim gui and stir-fried spinach tonight!


Here's the recipe from my favorite little korean cookbook, korean favorites.

Sesame ginger grilled (?) chicken

8 chicken thighs, legs or wings

Marinade 
1 spring onion, chopped (optional)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup (90ml) soy sauce
4 tbsp rice wine
4 tsp ginger juice, from grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sugar

1. Make 4-5 shallow incisions on the skin/meat. Set aside.

2. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Rub till well coated. Cover and marinate for 3-4 hours (I only managed 2 hours, and it was still delicious!) or overnight in the fridge.

3. Preheat pan grill or broiler over medium heat, and grill the marinated chicken. I grilled/baked the marinated chicken in the oven at 200C for 40 minutes. Baste with marinade often, until crisp and cooked. Serve immediately.

This is quite a simple dish, using commonly found ingredients in the kitchen ^^, don't you think? Anyways, whatever you don't have, just skip! Of course, you MUST have ginger and sesame seeds/oil for this dish.. or it wouldn't be called sesame ginger grilled chicken!

This is a really tasty dish.. despite only marinating the meat for 2 hours (^^||). The meat is tender, and nicely infused with flavors (ginger, garlic and sesame) ~ and that's fatty hubby's very words (^^).

I love korean grilled meats! And this is, DELICIOUS!!! (^^)


No comments: